Products / rHGH
Recombinant human growth hormone
Recombinant Human Growth Hormone – rDNA origin is human growth hormone produced by identical to the dominant form of this human pituitary growth hormone.
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY.
Nouveaux Recombinant Human Growth Hormone – rDNA origin is human growth hormone produced by identical to the dominant form of this human pituitary growth hormone. It has a molecular weight of 22,125 daltons.
Nouveaux rHGH is a sterile, non-pyrogenic, white lyophilised powder intended for subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, after reconstitution with sterile Water for Injection (0,3% m-Cresol).
+ Mechanism of action
Somatropin (as well as endogenous HGH) binds to a dimeric GH receptor in the cell membrane of target cells resulting in intracellular signal transduction and a host of pharmacodynamic effects. Some of these pharmacodynamic effects are primarily mediated by IGF-I produced in the liver and also locally (e.g., skeletal growth, protein synthesis), while others are primarily a consequence of the direct effects of somatropin (e.g., lipolysis).
- Tissue Growth
- Skeletal Growth
- Cell Growth
- Organ Growth
- Protein Metabolism
- Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Lipid Metabolism
- Mineral Metabolism
- Connective Tissue Metabolism
+ Adverse reaction
The list presents the most serious and/or most frequently observed adverse reactions during treatment with somatropin:
- Sudden death in paediatric patients with Prader-Willi syndrome with risk factors including severe obesity, history of upper airway obstruction or sleep apnea and unidentified respiratory infection.
- Intracranial tumours, in particular meningiomas, in teenagers/young adults treated with radiation to the head as children for a first neoplasm and somatropin.
- Glucose intolerance including impaired glucose tolerance/impaired fasting glucose as well as overt diabetes mellitus.
- Intracranial hypertension.
- Significant diabetic retinopathy.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis in paediatric patients.
- Progression of preexisting scoliosis in paediatric patiens.
- Fluid retention manifested by edema, arthralgia, myalgia, nerve compression syndromes including carpal tunnel syndrome/paraesthesias.
- Unmasking of latent central hypothyroidism.
- Injection site reactions/rashes and lipoatrophy (as well as rare generalized hypersensitivity reactions).
+ Instructions for reconstitution
The injection is given into the sub-cutaneous layer which includes adipose tissue (fat).
If you are using insulin syringes which have short needles, you will need to enter the skin at 90°. to the skin, otherwise you can inject as shown in the illustration above with a 29 or 30 gauge, 0.5" needle.
Recommended dosage of rHGH: 2-4 IU once per day.
- This product can be used not more than 3 years from the production date (see box).
- After reconstitution, may be stored for a maximum of 14 days in a refrigerator at 2°C – 8°C.
- Store vials in an upright position.
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C). Keep in the outer carton in order to protect from light.
- For one month can be stored at room temperature.